Thursday, September 22, 2011

Did David Wilkerson commit suicide after losing hope? What a dark hour...

Was David Wilkerson's death a tragic accident, suicide or divine intervention?...  There must be a reason why so violent a death.  A signpost if you will to explain this horrific event.  So like everything else in the bible you look at the circumstances like his recent blogs and the location of the accident.  Just as Egypt is a symbol of worldliness or bondage or Peniel named after a place that Jacob met with God.   

First I must say that I had seen David Wilkerson many times over the years and greatly respect him.  Read all his letters and ordered his tapes.  I prayed for him and his family as the Lord sure pressed him and his.  I felt a kinship although he didn't know me.  I had written many letters to him in his last years about the mixture in his messages that changed from what they were.

I did some research into David Wilkerson's death.  He life came to an end on the  bridge over the Neches River at the Anderson County line in Texas on April 27, 2011 (More details below).  He was born on May 19th 1931 dying at 79 years old.




So interesting that David Wilkerson died on that bridge.  No where to pass on a bridge.   Also not a long bridge at all as you can see from the pictures.  Sounds so deliberate.  Anyway I looked hard to find the significance of the name "Neches" .  Could it be that this is a signpost telling us the cause of this violent end?  Here is what I found..

HISTORY OF THE NECHES

In the early 1800’s, division among the Neches/Cherokees occurred due to European immigration. Under the leadership of Sequoyah, Chief Bowles and Sam Houston, people wishing to maintain their traditional way of life moved to the Ozarks.

The Cherokee treaty with the Osage was nullified by the United States Government. A new treaty was made with Spain to occupy land along the Neches, Angelina and Trinity rivers. This was to be the new Republic of Texas, and was the origin of the Neches Tribe.

Conflict between the Neches/Cherokees and U.S. agents resulted in the Battle of the Neches. Chief Bowles was killed in that battle, and Sequoyah led the survivors to San Fernando, Mexico.
PRESENT DAY NECHES

(In 1967, hurricane Beulah changed the the course of the Rio Grande river. Before the winds had died, there was a brand new 200 acre island in the middle of the river. The United States said the land belonged to Mexico. The Mexican government sold it to Chief Little Bird on Shoulder, a direct descendant of Chief Bowles. Chief Little Bird on Shoulder then established the Cherokee Nation-Neches Tribal Headquarters on that island - named Los Indios.)

The only history of this tribe was that they were known for "division"  Yes like Israel and the calf as I mentioned.  I was amazed at this tribes historical  web page was so short.  He had a divided heart.  As a result the leader was brought down.

I see also the place called "Gilboa"

 2Sa 1:21      Ye mountains of Gilboa, [let there be] no dew, neither [let there be] rain, upon you, nor fields of offerings: for there the shield of the mighty is vilely cast away, the shield of Saul, [as though he had] not [been] anointed with oil.

Gilboa which most modernist interpret as "bubbling fountain" is not accurate at all.   According to Encyclop√¶dia biblica: a critical dictionary of the literary,
 edited by Thomas Kelly Cheyne, John Sutherland Black Gilboa actually is most likely defined as "hill of the baal" see page 1723.  So you see the location of Saul's death was a signpost of mixture in Saul's heart in not trusting/leaning not in God. 

I believe David Wilkerson was defeated.  Why?  Because he changed to a popularist message of a coming revival.  He was causing people to look for another revival instead of the Lord's coming.  How can David Wilkerson say in one message that the rapture is at hand and then speak of another revival?

This is the day of the Lord's return.  We already had revival.  The ones that experienced it are either alive today or able to tell their children of the miraculous events that occurred. 

He stopped printing the book that spoke of rapture and impending judgement.  Set Thy Trumpet to thy mouth,. 


Obituary...
Christian author, pastor David Wilkerson killed in crash

Staff Reports Palestine Herald-Press

CUNEY — A man identified as popular Christian author David Wilkerson, 79, of Tyler, was killed Wednesday afternoon in a two-vehicle crash that occurred just before the Neches River bridge and Anderson County line on April 27, 2011

Debris from the head-on collision on U.S. 175 left a trail roughly a quarter-mile in length as scattered plywood temporarily blocked vehicles from crossing the bridge.

According to Texas Department of Public Safety trooper Tim Hatch, the white Infinity sedan driven by Wilkerson was traveling east toward Jacksonville, drifted into the opposite lane and collided with an oncoming tractor-trailer, which struck the sedan on the driver’s side.

Clothing, a blanket and a red plastic milk crate were scattered around the area below the bridge, where the semi came to rest after careening through a guard railing on the east-bound side.

Hatch said the driver of the tractor-trailer, 38-year-old Frederick Braggs of Beaumont, was taken to East Texas Medical Center in Jacksonville but appeared to be in good condition other than cuts and bruises.

The sedan’s passenger, identified as Wilkerson’s wife, 70-year-old Gwendolyn Wilkerson, was airlifted to ETMC Tyler hospital where she was treated for minor injuries.

Officers were not sure why the vehicle drifted into the path of the truck.

DPS employee Steve Tugwell said the bridge appeared to be in good condition, aside from the railing which was destroyed in the course of the accident.

David Wilkerson’s Final Blog…

WHEN ALL MEANS FAIL

To believe when all means fail is exceedingly pleasing to God and is most acceptable. Jesus said to Thomas, “You have believed because you have seen, but blessed are those that do believe and have not seen” (John 20:29).

Blessed are those who believe when there is no evidence of an answer to prayer—who trust beyond hope when all means have failed.

Someone has come to the place of hopelessness—the end of hope—the end of all means. A loved one is facing death and doctors give no hope. Death seems inevitable. Hope is gone. The miracle prayed for is not happening.  (Did David Wilkerson lose hope?)

That is when Satan’s hordes come to attack your mind with fear, anger, overwhelming questions: “Where is your God now? You prayed until you had no tears left. You fasted. You stood on promises. You trusted.” (Was he overwhelmed?)

Blasphemous thoughts will be injected into your mind: “Prayer failed. Faith failed. Don’t quit on God—just do not trust him anymore. It doesn’t pay!” (Giving up on God)

Even questioning God’s existence will be injected into your mind. These have been the devices of Satan for centuries. Some of the godliest men and women who ever lived were under such demonic attacks.  (Wow)

To those going through the valley and shadow of death, hear this word: Weeping will last through some dark, awful nights—and in that darkness you will soon hear the Father whisper, “I am with you. I cannot tell you why right now, but one day it will all make sense. You will see it was all part of my plan. It was no accident. It was no failure on your part. Hold fast. Let me embrace you in your hour of pain.” (you will soon here he says.  Was he not hearing from the Lord?)

Beloved, God has never failed to act but in goodness and love. When all means fail—his love prevails. Hold fast to your faith. Stand fast in his Word. There is no other hope in this world. (Hold fast to your faith?  It might be better said hold fast to Jesus the author and finisher of our faith.  I can't hold onto anything. )

I hope I am wrong but poor David Wilkerson.  He use to preach about a remnant and few that will make it.  The underground church.  Then he started speaking about revival.  A division since they cannot both be.  Either a bride is being prepared out of the H.S. outpouring of the 60's and 70's when Stanly Froadsham and other warned of the coming deception and the soon coming of our Bride groom or there is yet another greater revival,  an Elijah company. It cannot be both.  There was division.  I believe David Wilkerson was on the brink of fully embracing this deceptive doctrine and so God took him in a violent way.  As a warning to us.  Look up for your redemption draweth nigh.  

"Wilkerson previously told of a of a vision that warned of a limited rapture"

read it for yourself
"http://www.christian-forum.net/index.php?showtopic=9938


RAPTURE DREAM by David Wilkerson 2/15 on: Today at 05:44:08am
David Wilkerson's 1998 rapture dream as related in a sermon entitled


"Be Ye Ready" Is No Joking Matter

David Wilkerson

"Lord, you spoke so clearly to me this past week in a dream.  You told me to preach this this afternoon, and I obey you..."
David Wilkerson

David Wilkerson

    "Watch ye therefore for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming.
    But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the
    thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to
    be broken into.  Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming
    at an hour you do not expect."    - Matthew 24:42-44

I don't get many dreams, and I don't preach on my dreams because I'm a Bible preacher, and anything that does not conform to the word of God is to be rejected outright.  I'm just telling you how God awakened my soul, how I should preach this more often.  I want you to know this is not doctrine; it's not some "new revelation."  It's simply the Holy Spirit prompting me and speaking to me about His coming.  I don't want to build any doctrine about it, remember that.  I don't have much confidence in dreams.  Any dream, vision or revelation has to absolutely be framed in scripture.

Now having said that, let me share with you without trying to talk to you about doctrine or anything else, just the Holy Ghost talking to me.  In my dream I was suddenly awakened by the knowledge that I had been snatched, I had been caught up, and I was in some kind of conveyance.  I don't know if it was a chariot — I didn't see the conveyance — but I knew that there were others in it and that there was an angel of the Lord.  There was a sense of just racing swiftly through streets and into houses.  This conveyance knew no barriers and I had a sense that I was on my way home, I'm saved, the Lord has come.

I am being gathered by the angel of the Lord, the chariots of the Lord.  There are thousands upon thousands.  The coming of the Lord is as lightening is from the east to the west.  There was a sense of swiftness, but it was almost as if I were seeing it in slow motion, this lightning coming.  I was seeing it in slow motion. I didn't see a driver; I didn't see an angel.  I didn't see the conveyance, I just had a sense ... I knew I was being carried and taken and it was moving swiftly, and people were being snatched from homes and from the streets.

And I remember specifically going into a particular home and there were three people that I recognized, two were friends and one was a family member, and we went right by, and there was a sense, a sudden sense, "Oh God, they were being left behind," and the Lord allowed me, for a few fleeting moments, to sense the terror of what it would be like to be left behind when the angels of the Lord come and gather His elect from the four winds.

I was made to know at that time that even those who call themselves Christians — and were not really Christians, who despised the grace of God, went out and sinned and said, "I can easily confess," (never forsaking their sin) — there was a sense that even though they were sleeping they were aware.  There was an awareness that the Lord is coming and there is a sudden moment because I saw hands being raised, people reaching out and waving.

In fact, as we kept moving on there were people who were moving and trying to get the attention of this driver, this conveyance, and I was screaming and yelling get out in the open, as if I thought if they were out in the open they could be seen and get caught up but it went swiftly on.  There was a sense that I have never experienced in my life, even though all my life my father taught on the coming of the Lord, and my grandfather taught on the coming of the Lord.

The Bible says, "we shall all be changed ... in the twinkling of an eye."  Suddenly we're going to be changed.  The Bible says this corrupt body shall put on an incorruptible body just like His.  And the Bible says that we are to be prepared and ready, expecting.  The Bible says He is coming for those who look for His appearing, and those who are expecting.  Even though asleep they are going to be caught up, if it's in the middle of the night.

Now I'm not going to be get into the doctrine of the rapture, when this happens, before the tribulation, middle of the tribulation or after the tribulation.  I am just telling you I had a sense of the horror it's going to be for those who knew the gospel, who had one appeal after another, who knew the grace and the mercy of God and they were not ready.  They were not taken, they were not gathered in this, and I remember the swiftness of moving, and seeing the people left behind, the conveyance just passing by, and this terrible sense.  Lord I know I'm saved, I know I'm redeemed, I'm going home, but those two friends and that member of my family... and there was a terror.  Two shall be sleeping in a bed, one shall be taken and the other left...watch therefore He's coming as a thief in the night.  He's coming folks.

There was no sense of speed, there was no sense of traveling, but suddenly I was stepping with everyone around me, we were stepping as out of a cloud, out of a fog, out of time, into eternity, suddenly.  There was no sense of being carried out into a cosmos or anywhere else.

Suddenly we were ... home.

We were in eternity and I remember this sense of absolute serenity, as we stepped out into eternity through this cloud.  There was a sense of peace, and all I could see people around me who were feeling their bodies, feeling their hands, and caressing their faces.  There was no shouting.  I didn't see Jesus anywhere.  It was just a sense, it happened so quickly, it seemed to be a gathering place.  The Bible says, "He will ... gather together His elect from the four winds."

Suddenly I looked and there were my two friends, and my loved one coming through the cloud and into eternity.  Nobody was looking at each other.  There was no embracing; there was just a peace, an incredible peace, and I experienced it for a moment.  I am home; that earth that I was on is gone.  I am beyond the reach of Satan.  There is no sin.  There is no possibility of ever being lost.  I am eternally His.  He did what He said He would do.  He said He would come with His angels and He came with His angels.  He did everything I preached, everything I said.  It's true!  He's all-sufficient; He's everything that we need!

There was a peace and a serenity beyond anything I could imagine... and people were just awed, in silence, there was an awe, there was a peace that was absolutely indescribable, and the sense... it was a sense, it's all over, it's all over, it was all... it was all true.  That sense of reality and truth - that was not the real world, this is the real world, this is eternity, that's all passed away, it was just a dream, it was just grass — that's what the Bible says — the flesh is just grass, it comes up, it withers and it's gone.  Time is just a little piece, eternity is a great big realm.  God cut a little piece and He gave it to man, with His grace and mercy, saying, "Here is My grace, My mercy, My glory."  He gives you space and time to repent and trust in Him.

"But God wait a minute!  All of these who didn't come, all of those who were left behind, who thought they were prepared and thought they were ready ...  they are not here!  What about them, Lord?  They're lost." There was a sense in me, now folks that will not be there but I believe God was letting me feel the sense of this lostness of those who were gone, and suddenly as I was thinking about all those who had not been gathered, I woke up, I sat right up, and these words were like silent thunder in my head: "David, 'be ye ready' is no joking matter." And I lay back in my pillow and God said, "My people are not taking it seriously.  They talk about it but they are not taking it seriously, and many, many are going to be left behind.  They are not ready... the age of grace is about to end."

What is coming?

David Wilkerson – A Sober Warning
Posted by living journey ⋅ March 11, 2009 ⋅ 17 Comments

Anyway, I guess those of you who are well informed have heard about David’s recent prophetic warning “An Urgent Message” know that it has been doing the rounds on the Internet lately. It is making headlines and is most definitely a prophecy that is most sobering and urgent…

    I am compelled by the Holy Spirit to send out an urgent message to all on our mailing list, and to friends and to bishops we have met all over the world.
    AN EARTH-SHATTERING CALAMITY IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN. IT IS GOING TO BE SO FRIGHTENING, WE ARE ALL GOING TO TREMBLE – EVEN THE GODLIEST AMONG US.

    There will be riots and fires in cities worldwide. There will be looting—including Times Square, New York City. What we are experiencing now is not a recession, not even a depression. We are under God’s wrath. In Psalm 11 it is written, “If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?” (v. 3).
    God is judging the raging sins of America and the nations. He is destroying the secular foundations.

    Note: I do not know when these things will come to pass, but I know it is not far off. I have unburdened my soul to you. Do with the message as you choose.

    God bless and keep you,
    In Christ,
    DAVID WILKERSON

Please read the message that D.W. preached here from long ago
http://www.tscpulpitseries.org/english/undated/tslie.html
and http://www.tscpulpitseries.org/english/1990s/ts950828.html
“Many commit suicide in a speeding car - purposely driven out ofDavid Wilkerson on Suicide by car.... control.” – David Wilkerson (4/1/78) [http://www.worldchallenge.org/en/node/1329]

My final note is that I weep and pray that this is not the case for David.  Perhaps the medication altered his thinking?  Perhaps it was an accident such as falling asleep at the wheel.  I wrote what I felt to write though and in this last day of darkness as it was literally at the funeral of David Wilkerson may we not give up hope.

Psalm 31:24 

Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!


Romans 12:12 

Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.

David Wilkerson's greatest message.   It is not about retirement accounts, jobs or your image...  it is to desire to know Jesus and to see His face.  That is all that matters.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds downright satanic to take David Wilkerson's last blog and attempt to question his faith, especially when his last blog is of the same theme he's preached about for decades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not satanic, the Bible calls us to test the spirits and we are all aware that there are prophets of God who turn away. We know this. We were never called to follow anyone blindly. We ourselves are constantly to examine ourselves. So, instead of getting angry, Cody McDonald, ask the Holy Spirit to reveal the truth to you. This is what a certain person did that was perplexed over David Wilderson's death and wrote "David Wilkerson Lost His Song on the FMH site. Maybe you should look it up-after you've asked the Holy Spirit for guidance, as I did.

    ReplyDelete